Friday, December 11, 2015

Well...

Well, here it is folks. We have received help in the form of a 3D printer. That has to go back on Monday. We used to have 48 hours of print time left and now we have 36 left. That's convenient. However, due to the fact that the 3D printer is a MakerBot Replicator Mini, it prints with a thing called a raft. And it has a fairly small print bed. You can see the raft in the picture. It's a layer of plastic. Sorry that the image is in a terrible resolution. Anyways, that adds the extra step of peeling a layer of plastic from EVERY SINGLE PIECE! Don't get me wrong, I am glad for the help. I did, however try to disable this with an extremely long process that I'm sure nobody wants to hear about, but that caused the parts to go absolutely crazy instead of behaving like they're supposed too. Which sucks. Alot. So, I'm back to printing with this silly rafty thingy instead of the other printer, the Dremel3D printer which I'm still using but due to availability, I'm still fighting with print ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment