Friday, November 6, 2015

Parts SUCK!


Currently, I am attempting to print of all the parts I need. Printing off parts from a 3D printer takes a LONG time. FOUR HOURS a piece. I've finished 10 parts out of over 50. I don't have access to the 3D printer every day, which is also a huge pain. I also can't print on weekends or overnight. Hopefully I will be able to make at least 5 more parts by next week. I won't have any funding until I finish printing off all the printed parts, which means no actual printer assembly until after Christmas break. I'm hoping to have the parts done before Christmas and I also hope to have the printer finished before the end of the year. However, with continual delays, I most likely will not finish the printer by the end of the year. Sadly. It sucks. I know. However, hopefully productivity will spike after I get the parts printed.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very honest picture of your process :) Perhaps you should explore the opportunities Ms Apgar offered - where you troubleshoot and assist some schools who are not making good use of their 3D printers in exchange for the privilege of accessing their printers. email her: japgar@ugcloud.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very honest picture of your process :) Perhaps you should explore the opportunities Ms Apgar offered - where you troubleshoot and assist some schools who are not making good use of their 3D printers in exchange for the privilege of accessing their printers. email her: japgar@ugcloud.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed her- she hasn't responded yet

    ReplyDelete