Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Second Post that Says the Same Thing as the Last

I still haven't made any progress to print parts. Our library got a new fancy 3D scanner and because of it everyone wants to print off their head. I'm going to have to wait for the hype around the scanner to die down. I'm seriously worried though. If I'm not allowed to print off more parts soon, I'm going to fail my project. This is a serious setback. It's also causing a whole bunch of stress, and I'm going to lose funding if I don't have the rest of the parts printed by Christmas break. That means the project won't be funded and I won't be able to buy any of the motors that I need to do the project. These are dire straits folks. I can't risk any other issues, or else this 'journey' will come to an end. I hope to finish more parts by next week though. I can't bear the thought of failing just because of people printing off heads.





2 comments:

  1. Ok, I know this isn't totally helpful to your project, but you have a wonderful and authentic writing voice and this post certainly paints a clear picture of your frustrations. We've talked a bit, in person, about the concept of sharing the printer. We will troubleshoot this together. Let me talk to Ms Apgar and Ms Mclarnon and some other schools with printers and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I know this isn't totally helpful to your project, but you have a wonderful and authentic writing voice and this post certainly paints a clear picture of your frustrations. We've talked a bit, in person, about the concept of sharing the printer. We will troubleshoot this together. Let me talk to Ms Apgar and Ms Mclarnon and some other schools with printers and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete